Roles and responsibilities:
- Prepare well design and drilling programs. Liaises with service providers and vendors;
- Carries out the technical work, offset well data analysis, having detailed discussions with geologists and geophysics;
- Executes: casing design, trajectory design, torque & drag and hydraulics analysis, drilling fluids, bit recommendations;
- Ensure procedures are technically valid and applicable to the specific well conditions;
- Assists purchasing materials and services for projects;
- Monitors the daily progress of well operations and liaises with suppliers on technical programs;
- Prepares project reports and monitors operational expenditures;
- Acts as (N)DSV if requested by the drilling manager;
- Observe all company Health, Safety, Security and Environmental instructions, act in safe manner and avoid unnecessary risks to personnel.
Base location is Hoogeveen, The Netherlands. Engineers can, in consultation, be assigned to a project in or outside The Netherlands.
- Msc/Bsc Petroleum Engineering/Mechanical Engineering or similar;
- Minimum of 4 years experience in onshore and/or offshore drilling operations;
- Knowledge of and experience in drilling, work over and abandonment operations;
- Experience as NDSV is a plus;
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent German oral and written communication skills is a plus;
- Knowledge of law and regulations regarding the drilling, work over and abandonment operations;
- Knowledge of drilling equipment and well engineering software (Landmark);
- Willing to live in The Netherlands.
- Aim at improvement, without losing sight of the nature and capacity of the organisation;
- Be open to changes and opinions of others, but if necessary tenacious to take decisions and ethical principles;
- Commercially and communicatively oriented;
- Must dare to take decisions and defend these;
- Adapts quickly and effectively to new tasks and projects;
- Customer oriented.
- Working in an international environment;
- A challenging and innovative environment;
- An organisation which offers you a steep learning curve as an engineer;
- Competitive remuneration package.
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated