November 2018, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
The 6th ACI Global Geothermal Energy Summit of 2018 event took place on 21-22 November with about 50 attendees with a focus on the development of geothermal energy. On the 2nd day, Well Engineering Partners gave a presentation about the Dutch geothermal development and best opportunities for cost reduction in drilling in the Netherlands.
Based on the report of TNO&EBN of ‘Play-based portfolio approach, first insights into six advantages for safe and responsible, cost-effective acceleration of geothermal energy’ of 30th May 2018, WEP gave a presentation about Geothermal Drilling Campaigns the Key to Reduce Cost and Risk.
The 15 minutes presentation contained:
- A brief status update of the development of geothermal energy in the Netherlands
- Trends of increasing power per doublet and development of well designs
- The 6 benefits of Play-based portfolio approach
- WEP experiences with case studies of Drilling Campaigns which resulted in 15% to 24% cost reduction
- Development of Innovations & Improvements
- Next step and improvement for geothermal energy in the Netherlands
The main message is that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.
Would you like to get in contact with our delegate that presented at the Global Geothermal Summit 2018 and learn more about this promising cost reducing approach, please contact Bob Harskamp at [email protected].