Acquit Business Development (ABD) with Well Engineering Partners (WEP) as a major shareholder in ABD have developed a High Strength Composite Casing (HSCC™) system. ABD will deliver in the middle of May the first of a series of 150m 7″ composite casing to a Middle East customer with the following test results verified by TNO and Technical University Delft.
HSCC™ test results with composite to composite and composite to steel Crossover:
- Temperature 105C
- Burst 275 bar
- Collapse 193 bar
- Tensile 118 kdaN
- Compression 54kdaN
The 7” HSCC™ is custom engineered and built for the application and has been thoroughly tested.
The 7”HSCC™ will be installed in a 4500m well which immediately result in the world record deepest high strength composite casing application.
The 7” HSCC™ with its 5-7/8” inner diameter and glued 7.8” coupling can be handled with standard rig equipment and easily fits in a regular steel string thanks to its steel to composite cross-overs.
Total order is 450m 7″ HSCC™ and 1500m 9 5/8″ HSCC™
ABD en WEP are convinced that there are tremendous opportunities in the following markets.
Oil and gas industry:
1. Casing in very corrosive environment such as lost circulation zones, and in H2S environment as well
2. See Through Logging (STL™)through composite casing in order to monitor gas injection flow through the reservoir has been tested and proved by an independent wireline logging company
3. Water injection wells, no corrosion and no scaling
4. Long horizontal wells >3000m
5. Drilling with small rigs from a platform
1. Cavern measurement requires steel casing to be removed, whereas with composite casing the measurements can be done through the composite pipe, STL™
2. No corrosion
3. No scaling
Renewable Geothermal Energy:
- Less pressure drop
2. Good thermal isolation
3. No corrosion
4. No scaling or pipe dope
5. Low weights allowing smaller rigs to be used
For all above markets LESS NOISE.